We're not all there, ourselves...

You may have noticed the majority of the posts have disappeared, or at least the ones I could bear to part with. Still working on it. Hoping for a new start on this very ground swept clean.
- Dragon

26 June 2013

Thank You, Dude on AM1350 in Pueblo

This guy on the radio is discussing the Patriot Way, as it has been the subject of much debate lately. He is not even a Pat's fan, but is contesting the claims that the Patriot Way is dead and gone. He's saying: “The Patriot Way? What, you mean WINNING? Is that the Patriot way? Because they’re the winningest team in the NFL in the past decade? The Patriot way is winning with these unknown guys SOMEHOW. The Patriot Way is that you get arrested, you’re OUT. Patriots don’t do drugs in college. Patriots aren’t out getting injured in fights in strip clubs. The Patriot Way is NOT Tebowmania, it’s Tom Brady, who hasn't said one word about the loss of his favorite receiver.” It goes on and on but I’m just gonna sit here and beam a minute, and bask in the glow of my epiphany that despite the trades this off season, we’re gonna pull through. And as he’s going on and on about what the Patriot Way is to him, I am comforted in the way that a well-written sermon may comfort a Christian in need. I feel the fuzzy glow of winningness. The warmth of the Patriot Way radiates within me once again. Patriots walk through the fire, they don’t get burned by it. So thank you, whoever you are, guy on the Pueblo AM station that I can barely hear through the static of the aging radio and the clattering of the impact printers behind me. Guy whose voice is calling me through the ringing phone and annoying office chitchat. YOU have restored my faith in my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment